- Human Resources
The City of Clarksville is home to a population of more than 120,000 citizens and employs over 1,100 individuals. Clarksville is a great place to live and work and as employees of the City, we take pride in making a contribution to Clarksville being “Tennessee’s Top Spot.” The City’s workforce comprises a number of functional areas that provide a wide range of services to the residents and visitors of Clarksville, Tennessee.
These services include, but are not limited to:
- Building Codes
- City Parks
- Housing and Community Development
- Public Safety
- Public Transportation
It is the mission of the Human Resources Department to continually provide quality Human Resources services and support for the City’s workforce in the areas of:
- Benefits and Compensation
- Employee Relations
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Risk Management
Our vision focuses on building a talented, inclusive, and committed workforce that represents and serves the Clarksville Community.
In pursuit of this vision, we offer the following goals:
- Continuously developing and supporting a productive and efficient workforce that represents the Clarksville Community
- Ensuring that our procedures and practices reflect the values of fairness and equity in decisions and treatment of employees
- Fostering leadership that values inclusion, creates an environment of trust, and supports fulfillment of human potential
- Maintaining an inclusive culture that values differences, supports collaboration and teamwork, and encourages employee growth and potential
- Partnering with the community and building effective relationships
- Promoting respectful dialogue and open communication
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Clarksville embraces diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Human Resources (HR) Staff
The HR staff is here to assist our employees and citizens in a courteous, professional manner.
We hope that this site will provide you with valuable information and help answer some of your personnel-related questions. If at anytime a member of our staff can be of further assistance, we encourage you to contact us by any of the methods indicated.