The three locations for the Clarksville Police Departments pill drop boxes are as follows:
- Lobby of District 1 Criminal Investigations: 211 Cunningham Lane
- Lobby of District 3 Criminal Investigations: 2937 International Blvd.
- Lobby of Police Headquarters: 135 Commerce Street
The drop hours are Mon through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. These are for citizens to dispose of personal items and are not intended for businesses i.e. hospitals, clinics, pharmacies etc. who are required to dispose of their medications in a manner consistent with Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) guidelines.
The following items will be accepted:
- All over the counter medications
- Liquid medications in leak proof containers
- Medicated ointments, lotions or drops
- Pet medications
- Pills in plastic containers, baggies, or foil
- Prescription medications
The following items are not accepted:
- Blood sugar equipment
- Bloody or infectious waste
- Illegal drugs or narcotics
- IV bags
- Needles / sharps or syringes with needles
- Personal care products i.e. shampoo, lotions etc.